Sunday, October 9, 2011

Retailing

               Retailing is all the activity directly related to the sale of goods and services. It is no suprise that the U.S. economy is so heavily based on retail. Millions of Transactions go on every day and 72 percent of all transactions goin on every day is a retail based transaction. I work for Fed ex Express as a driver. I decided to go to a Fedex Office in regular clothes to see the retail experience in the store. The first thing that I noticed is every customer is greeted as soon as they enter the door. Most retail stores that I have been to this has never happened to me. There would be several visible Employee's but all of them doing something other than paying attention to the customer. In Fedex even employee's that are helping other customers will acknoledge you and say politely that they will be with you in a second. Just a few minutes of being in Fed ex office I could tell that retail is very important to the company. They make a customer feel welcome and that makes a person more likely to buy something or come back. After having a few of my questions answered the employee did offer me the "product of the month" which was a 8 giga byte flash drive that was on sale only for that month. He offered it to me asking me if I was in school which I thought was a clever way to drive the sale even tho I declined. Also they offer alot of online retailing from business cards, brochures, banners, and the list goes on. Fed ex office is the retail part of Fed ex the company as a whole. If I had to rate my experience as a customer on a scale from 1-10 I would definetly rate fed ex office a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment